Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me.

+2
annasommer
MadameChung
6 posters

Go down

dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me. Empty dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me.

Post by MadameChung Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Last night I had a dream which involved me getting approved for making a mid-way home for YAs whose parents do not want them to live in residence and yet they don't want to live at home anymore. The only problem was finding funding and how to get money into the building. They could live as short as a week to as long as a year in the mid-way home and yet earn skills.

Too bad it will only EVER be a dream. Since there's not enough YAs out there like me. To bad..since all the ideas people have had on here and elsewhere are totally out the window. Hotels rooms don't have kitchens, apartments are monthly rent, parents don't have the type of job where they can go away for a week (whether or not they talk to their boss).
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me. Empty Re: dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me.

Post by annasommer Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:05 pm

I don´t know about where you live, but we have that in Germany.

It´s called "Betreute Wohnform" and exists for minors, young adults and adults; It´s like an appartement building where social workers check on the people regularly to see how they cope with cleaning, money and everything else or if they need assistance. The goal is to train people to enable them to live as independently as individually possible

It may not exist in your town, but maybe in the bigger city nearby. Maybe it´s worth checking Smile
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me. Empty Re: dream I had. A mid-way home for YAs like me.

Post by Leggokatz Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:19 pm

What a wonderful idea! I wish they would have had something like that when I was a YA...
Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:44 pm

I live in Canada between the French province and the province that we get the Red River Cart from.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by SimmerE15 Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 pm

I'd love to live by my self for a week Laughing
SimmerE15
SimmerE15
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Featured Member August 2011 Featured Member
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

I know you really want to show your parents that you can be ok on your own. Is there a way you can do that slowly? Like try taking on a new challenge each week.

1st week: Plan the meals for the family for an entire week (or a couple days, whatever works best)

2nd week: Plan the meals, and do the grocery shopping for those meals

3rd week: Plan the meals, do the shopping, and cook the meals

You know, just slowly build their trust and maybe you'll get there eventually. It's stuff every YA needs to learn anyway. I know it's not the immediate result that you want, but it might be better than nothing. Good luck! Smile
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:10 pm

welll I'm not allow to use the stove with out permission/supervision.. and I kind of need their money to buy groceries..have none of my own.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblemaddie Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 am

MadameChung wrote:welll I'm not allow to use the stove with out permission/supervision.. and I kind of need their money to buy groceries..have none of my own.

So you want to live on your own but you can't use the stove and you don't have money....? Not sure how that will work out for you. Neutral
bubblemaddie
bubblemaddie
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party September 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen Forum Queen September 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 am

Hm, I think you need to take a step at a time. Maddie is right there. Choose something - cooking might be not the best thing to start with, how about doing your own washing? - and stick to it like glue.

Bug your parents about how much you want to do this EVERY DAY to show them you are persistant. If you get there, do it as perfect as possible.

And after a week or two, when everything runs smoothly- choose the next thing you want to learn how to do on your own and start again. This time you have the facts on your side- you already managed something so far Winking
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:20 am

well I will have to wait a week since mom just finish washing the clothes-yesterday.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:49 am

That stinks the only "indepent living" that Canada has is for youth with disablites..and I don't think my mental disability..would count for that.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

I don't think my mental disability..would count for that.

Hm only one way to find out if the offer independet living for both kinds of disabilities- contact them about it Very Happy
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down