Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genealogy and Family History

+5
Conorsim
Wizzlebee
BimleSim
Chatter
hag1TSOTSO
9 posters

Go down

Genealogy and Family History Empty Genealogy and Family History

Post by hag1TSOTSO Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 am

This thread is for discussing your genealogy (i.e. what countries or parts of the world your family tree goes back to) as well as family history facts and tales that you'd like to share. I guess I'd consider myself somewhat of nerd when it comes to this. Lol

As for myself, my family tree goes back to England, Ireland, Wales, Sicily and mainland Italy, Australia, and of course the U.S. (as I'm American). On my father's side of the family, he was born in New Jersey and has an Australian mother and a father who was born of Italian immigrants to the U.S. It's from his side that I get English, Irish, Welsh, Italian, and Australian. As for my mother's side, I don't know when they came to the U.S. All I know is that she was born and/or raised in Chicago and that she has English and possibly Irish heritage.

My dad's side of the family has two interesting stories. He and my grandma told me that it's debated about whether or not my grandma is a descendant of Captain Morgan, being that she has Welsh in her as well as relatives with the last name Morgan. She also told me that her dad (my great grandfather) told her that supposedly I have Scandinavian ancestors who traveled with William the Conqueror down to around Marseilles, France and then up into England. If that's so, then I allegedly have Scandinavian in me from about a millennium ago. Though she said that her father's side of the family had a history of sailors and that that was supposedly why the tale exists, whether it be true or not. Besides that, my great grandmother is supposedly the descendant of someone who helped some guy liberate Italy in the 19th century or something like that.

Anyway, share your family heritage. Very Happy
hag1TSOTSO
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown September 2011 Forum Clown

http://http//hag1tsotso.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Genealogy and Family History Empty Re: Genealogy and Family History

Post by Chatter Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 am

Mum: Samoan/Chinese
Dad: Saffa/Ghanaian.

lol that was short.

I don't really have a story to tell hahaha Genealogy and Family History 3925848005
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:13 am

Well... All of my family I know are from Denmark XDD
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

http://hellkitten2204.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzlebee Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am

My dad's side is from England and Ireland, we're big into the Irish history. My mom's mom is mostly Italian, I don't know what my grandma's mom was, but she hated her mom anyway. I have no idea what my grandpa is, all I know is my mom's a mutt.
Wizzlebee
Wizzlebee
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

I think I'm 100% Irish from both sides of the family, up to at least 5 Generations anyway.

But I'd love to trace back and see where the family Name came from. It's Irish, but is very rare. Personally, I think it's Norman. But I'll have to look into it. Somehow.
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by Leggokatz Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Wow Hag, that's awesome you know so much about your family! I wish I did, all I know is that I'm a German, Spanish, Cuban, Native American, Jew lol, I know my Grandmothers family on my Mothers side came from Spain through Ellis Island and that they were of Spanish and Jewish decent, my Maternal Grandfather was Cuban and Native American but I don't know much about my Fathers side of the family, only that they were German hillbilly's from the south (Mississippi)... I have an Aunt that is doing some research to find out more, I think it's fascinating to learn about your history!
Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I am of Irish/Native American descent on both sides.

On my biomom's- Her family came from County Kerry, which is in the Munster province of Ireland. And her tribe is Choctaw, which are from Oklahoma. Most of my Ireland family moved into Oklahoma and that's how the Choctaw got incorporated.

On my biofather's side- All I know is that he's Irish and his tribe is Aztec. He and his family have never been close to me, so that's all of the information on them I have.
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Hag just like totally copied my family history thread. JUST KIDDING! XD
I think my family is from Spain or Shropshire, England. Because my last name has a meaning which was derived from a Spain version and then another version was from Shropshire. So it's either or. Other than that I'm not sure about any other history.
Paige
Paige
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by SimmerE15 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I have no idea Embarassed
SimmerE15
SimmerE15
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor