Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ST Tips & Tricks: Building

2 posters

Go down

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Empty ST Tips & Tricks: Building

Post by Chatter Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Share your tips and tricks here about how to create to perfect lots! Be it Landscaping to clutter we all want to know your secrets!

Last edited by Chatter on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Empty Re: ST Tips & Tricks: Building

Post by brunettesimgirl Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

LoL I follow floorplans Embarassed Yup 90% of my houses are 3-d creations of real houses. Now you know....ST Tips & Tricks: Building 3925848005 Laughing With little tweaks here and there to the floorplan to fit my liking... Wink

My latest house was done by a floorplan. This is the floorplan of the house:

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Cottagelevel1

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Cottagelevel2

This is what the outside looks like:

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Cottagepicture

The exterior of my house looks different, that is because I thought the color of the actual picture of the house was a bit bland. And the roof is different (couldn't get it to look like the roof in the pic...see tweaks! Very Happy ) This is my house from that floorplan:

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Screenshot-596

And the floor plan to my house:

1st floor
ST Tips & Tricks: Building Screenshot-603

2nd Floor (not finished yet)
ST Tips & Tricks: Building Screenshot-601

Not exact, but it's pretty dang close...enough to my liking. Razz

When I'm ready to start working on the interior I look up each room in google images. So if I want a french country kitchen, that's what I put in the search box. I search through the pics that come up until I find one I like, like this one:

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Country-kitchens_clip_image001_0006

Not a really a good example now that I look at it....anywho, moving on....I then try to lay out the kitchen cubbards tables etc. in the same fashion as this pic. Had there been more color in this pic, I would've opened this site:

Color Palette

(hmmm...whaddaya know...more color than I thought) See so, what you may think is mostly one color...this tool will show you other colors in the pic that you may not have noticed or thought of. (The only thing you have to beware about with this tool is, I think it picks up shadows and puts them in the list with the colors...if that makes sense. So it can give you a dark color because it see's the shadow and the shadow is that color in the pic. Or give you colors of the plates in the pic Rolling Eyes You have to decided which colors you want to use and which you want to discard ). I've gone as far as cropping a pic to get the colors in just that part of the pic.

You put the url of the pic, has to be .jpg .png etc., in the box and hit "Color Palette-ify!" and it gives you the colors in the pic with the HEX numbers. You can pick dull colors or vibrant.

I could stop there, but there is one more step I do, usually.

Color Schemer online

I open the "Color Schemer Online V.2" and put in one (or all) of the HEX numbers from the "Color Palette Generator" into the Schemer (unfortunately, you can only do one color at a time). This allows you to get the RBG (if you prefer to use that instead of the HEX numbers) and it also gives you the colors that will compliment it on the right...with the HEX and RBG under each color box.

This is how I color my entire builds. Everything from the walls/floors to whatever object can be customized. It takes a long time, but it takes the guess work (with th Schemer) which colors go with which colors. It's good if you're trying to re-create a picture because you can get the exact color (or color family) that is in that pic. I use the complimented colors for other rooms so that they blend well with other parts of the house. It's easier for me to use this because then I see colors that compliment other colors that I wouldn't think would.

Confused yet?

For my house above I found this kitchen and fell in love with it immediately:

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Country-house-kitchen-set-furniture-588x590

So I wanted something similar, and this was my take on that kitchen for my house (sorry it's dark...I tried to lighten it--also, bad camera angle--it's not as big as it's looks in this picture).

ST Tips & Tricks: Building Screenshot-604

It's not exact, but the real pic was really only a idea for me. And I'm happy with the way it turned out (might change that rug though...)
Hope I didn't bore you, or confuse you too much! Suspect

Razz Laughing sunny :ciao:
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down