Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrating night

3 posters

Go down

Frustrating night Empty Frustrating night

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue May 10, 2011 2:02 am

I was playing my game when I noticed there was no sound coming from the game. I turned up the speakers and continued. Still no sound, so I figured I just hadn't turned them up loud enough, shrugged and went on my way. I closed the game down and was watching some machinima someone linked to over on the official forum when I noticed...no sound. I checked my speakers and the volume was up all the way. I checked and according to the computer the sound card is fine. More confusion. I restarted my computer, still nothing, so I grabbed our headphones and plugged them in...Shocked...sound! Thinking I fixed the problem I unplugged the headphones. No sound. Evil or Very Mad scratch faint Sad Squee I immediately searched the internet for help. A lot of sites suggested plugging the headphones in and removing them quickly...apparently this resets the phone jack on some laptops. Not mine. I searched for the problem on my laptop specifically and found that it may be a wiring problems that will cost us about $80 to fix. Not terrible, but I was going to start my 3rd machinima later this week, and now it's going to take longer since I can't work on it while my daughter is awake (she's only 2 years old). Not the end of the world, I know. I'm going to feel foolish if I find the problem and it's been and easy fix all along. I still think my daughter did something to my laptop. She has a tendency to jump in my seat any time I get up and tap on the keyboard...and she had done this just before I noticed the speakers were shot...ugh, did you do something to the computer you little booger? ?D scratch Suspect
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Frustrating night Empty Re: Frustrating night

Post by addictedtosims90 Tue May 10, 2011 2:27 am

Laughing sorry to laugh but I just had to because I can relate to you in a way. I probably already mentioned I don't have any kids yet, but I do have 2 cats and 2 dogs, all inside animals. The one dog is older, he is about 12. He is a pitbull/lab mix or something like that, and my other one is a terrier/chihuahua mix who is about a year old. Well the older dog is a lot more mellow and laid back since he is so old, but the little one is a bit mischievous. See, the dogs are not allowed to go in ALL areas of the house. They are basically confined to the hallway and the kitchen. The only way they can go in our bedroom or the livingroom is if we are in there too. The computer room is another room they can't go into even if I am in here I won't let them come in, specifically the chihuahua because I will get distracted on the computer and I won't know if the little monster is tearing up something or getting into something he isn't supposed to.

So usually, if I am in the computer room like I am now, I will have something blocking the doorway so he can't get in. I don't really like closing the door when I'm in here because I don't want to be too blocked off from them, I like to be able to hear them if they are barking or whining or if they need something. So anyway, we have a little box fan, and I will usually sit that in front of the doorway so they can't come in while Im on the computer. Well the little one KNOWS he isn't supposed to be in here because I yell at him anytime he comes in, and his ears fly back and he runs away like he is traumatized for life. So what does he do? Well for the past couple days he has been sneaking in here. I take my dogs out on a leash so they can go potty usually about every 5 hours, and I usually take them out one at a time. So just now, I went outside to walk my bigger dog, while the little one was waiting inside for his turn. I come back in and the fan is moved out of the way, but he is sitting in the kitchen. I guess he snuck in here and then as soon as he heard me come in he ran back out. Rolling Eyes

He reminds me of a little kid sometimes. They will get into stuff when they know they aren't supposed to and then they act like they are innocent. I can only imagine when I do have kids, I will really have my hands full. Trying to keep my kid and my dog both out of trouble! It sucks about your computer though. Sad I don't think I have ever had any problems with our speakers.
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Tue May 10, 2011 2:43 am

She may have accidently muted the sound on your computer?

Have you checked out Sound in control panel?
If you're on Windows 7, type in Sound into search, and it will be Sound (not Sound Recorder) check if it says your speakers are disabled or working or not there.

Right clicking on Speakers (or Line 1, not exactly sure which one it will be) should let you solve alot of problems.

If my memory serves me correct, it's rather similar on Windows XP.
If you're on Mac, IDK what to do. At all. xD
Samuel
Samuel
Excitable
Excitable

Chatbox Addict Chatbox Addict
Forum Clown July 2011 Forum Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue May 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Opened laptop this morning...sound from speakers. Suspect Don't know what the cause was...I think they speakers may be fizzling out?

Thanks Sam, I tried all that last night and everything was fine according to the sound panel. Wink Razz Smile
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down