Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC

+3
Chatter
bubblemaddie
brunettesimgirl
7 posters

Go down

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Empty House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC

Post by brunettesimgirl Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm

also first house I've done without following a floor plan...it was harder than I thought it would be to come up with a floor plan. This house was my 3rd attempt before I was happy with the way it turned out.

Outside (added windows)
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-800

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-803

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-801

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-802

Foyer:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-804

Living Room/Dining Room:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-805

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-806

Kitchen:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-807

Master Bedroom:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-808

Master Bathroom:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-809

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-810

Back porch (unfinished) view:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-811

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-812

Second floor entrance to front porch (over front door):

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-813

Still have all of upstairs to do, plus maybe more clutter down on the first floor. Plus landscaping etc.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Empty Re: House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC

Post by bubblemaddie Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:28 pm

That is such a pretty house! i wish i could build half as good as you House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC 3925848005
bubblemaddie
bubblemaddie
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party September 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen Forum Queen September 2011

Back to top Go down

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Empty Re: House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC

Post by Chatter Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout! I also love wood based houses!
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 am

It's fantastic, as usual, brunette. I love how you do your interiors, and the layout. I can never do the layout right so things are placed conveniently Razz
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by amaholus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 am

very nice! I also like all the wood and the room layout. Great job Mr Green
amaholus
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks everyone. Smile

Connor--I usually follow a floorplan for the majority of my houses. Wink (this isn't one of them, and it took me 3 tries to get it to look this way). I also worked inside out. Place the furniture first then put the walls around the furniture. Razz

It's driving me nuts though that I can't use CC or any of my stuff packs. Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm done with this house. Very Happy

Back porch sitting area (my favorite Wink ):
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-823

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-822

Nursery (I made it yellow to keep it neutral):
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-821

Front sitting area:
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-820

House with plants and fountain (car is not on lot...my sim visited the house, for some reason it was the only way I could get the items to load--was have her on the lot... Question Question Question ):
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-819

Link to house:
http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4252996

Simple, but pretty. I called it a modest modern house (CC-free--I hope.... Embarassed Shy 1 )
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmer4Life Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Wow Brunettesimgirl that's uch an amazing house. In the first picture of the Back porch sitting area, how did you do the trelace thing above with all the plants?
Simmer4Life
Simmer4Life
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:45 pm

I placed some pilars on the deck to give the graph grid above the deck then, I used the "stream of consciousness wall" fence to make the trellis. Moveobjects on cheat, and placed "Heather" on the top of the fence. When I was done with the trellis, I deleted the extra pillars so that it wasn't cluttered and messy, and it left the trellis the way it is. Did that make sense? If not, I can show you with pictures....
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:09 am

I did a quick tutorial for you. Razz

Here is the area I will put a trellis:
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-826

Place columns/pilars where ever you need to make a grid over the area you want the trellis to be (you may have to use MOO):
House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-827

Pick the fence you want (I use the "stream of consciousness wall" fence) and draw on the grid where, and how, you want your trellis:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-830

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-831

Keep doing this until you have something like this (you can see I had to add a second column/pilar to make the trellis over-hang):

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-836

Open your cheat box CRTL+SHIFT+C and type moveobjects on once the cheat box opens. Go to the Flowers in build and choose "Heather" (if you have Late Night there is a yellowish heather that can be used as well...and it's really pretty mixed with the pink Heather. Place the heather on top of the trellis you just drew with the fence:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-840

Keep adding heather on top until you are happy with the way it looks. If, while you are holding it, you press "<" and ">" you can rotate each piece to so it doesn't look so uniform, and boring. Hold "ALT" while holding the heather and drag it to be able to place it snuggly against the roof. You can do this with any plant.

When you're satisfied with how it looks make sure you delete the extra colums/pillars!!! I keep one column/pillar in the far corner so it looks more realistic and not like the trellis is "Floating".Mr Green

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-823
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:12 am

brunettesimgirl wrote:I placed some pilars on the deck to give the graph grid above the deck then, I used the "stream of consciousness wall" fence to make the trellis. Moveobjects on cheat, and placed "Heather" on the top of the fence. When I was done with the trellis, I deleted the extra pillars so that it wasn't cluttered and messy, and it left the trellis the way it is. Did that make sense? If not, I can show you with pictures....

I've done that same thing for a garage roof. I love how yours turned out! And those are some great pics, too. That one with the moon is soooo cool! Smile
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

Thank you. I think all my houses have some sort of trellis, may not be that large, but they are there. Laughing

I love the moon pic too. I think my favorite pic of a house with the moon in it is this one:

House I'm building for a user on the officials--no SP's, store items or 3rd party CC Screenshot-349

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmer4Life Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:35 am

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I will have to find a way to use that in my next house. I'm horrible at building though but thanks to your trellace I think I have an idea of what I'm going to do. The only problem is getting it in pixels lol.
Simmer4Life
Simmer4Life
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down