Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more day!!!

5 posters

Go down

One more day!!! Empty One more day!!!

Post by addictedtosims90 Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Tomorrow Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3d comes out!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75TvtJIbbNY

Who all is going to see it? Me and the husband are going to see it tomorrow. Itll be our day off from work so we're planning on watching this and then going out to eat at Olive Garden. (We got a $20 gift card for christmas!)

I just hope this movie doesnt disappoint me... but then again, you usually cant go wrong with a horror movie... Im pretty much a horror movie fanatic!
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

One more day!!! Empty Re: One more day!!!

Post by brunettesimgirl Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 pm

My bf wants to see it, but lately, he's just been a 'debbie downer' with any movie we watch, so I don't want to spend the money to go see it, to have him say something like, "I didn't like it". That's pretty much what he's been saying for all the movies we've seen lately.

He wanted to rent "The Dark Knight Rises"--he fell asleep through it and said he was bored through it. Me on the other hand, I love the Batman movies, but wasn't into seeing this one, but I watched it and loved it!

Same thing happened with "The Amazing Spiderman". Although...I wasn't into seeing that one, and didn't really care for it too much.

There haven't been many movies out that I'm interested in. I do want to see, "This is 40". Very Happy

ETA: oh and "The Hobbit". I love the LOTR trilogy, but bf doesn't like these movies, so I'll have to rent it when it comes out on dvd/blu-ray.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:27 pm

We watched The Dark Knight Rises too and thought it was pretty good. I think all of the newer Batman movies are good but Idk, for some reason they just dont really compare to the older ones. My favorite Batman movie ever was the one where Jack Nicholson played the joker.... I think he, by far, was the best person to cast for that role. Heath Ledger would be my second choice.

Some people at work were talking about "The Hobbit" and saying it was good.. . but Im like your bf, I dont really get into those. kinda like how so many people were so crazy over Twilight... or Lord of the Rings... just never got into that stuff.

Last time we went to the movies we saw "Red Dawn"... that was a good one!! My husband made fun of me because there were a few parts in that movie that made me cry. He never cries during movies. Hes heartless.

If youre worried about your bf being a debbie downer, just leave his butt at the house! Laughing Have him babysit and go get a girlfriend to watch it with you. Or take him with you and just say look here mister!! If you have any negative comments about the movie just keep them to yourself! Smile
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 am

Ehm... I like horror movies in genereal, but - naw. Not the chainsaw stuff...
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 am

We went ahead and saw it tonight because we found out they were doing a late showing at 10:00....

I wasnt disappointed! It definitely had plenty of gore... and it had a twist toward the end of the movie that I wasnt expecting. I thought it was going to be like a remake of the original one but it really wasnt. It basically took off where the original one ended....

I wont spoil it for anyone who wants to watch it but I would recommend it if you like gorey horror movies.
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't think I will.

For some reason, I'm just not too enthusiastic about movies anymore Neutral
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 pm

I hear ya Kiersten! I'm the same way, but for me, it's because they are doing more remakes and less original stories.

Speaking of which...they are planning on remaking 50 movies. Evil or Very Mad SOME of those should NOT be remade IMO because they are classics. Also, do we really need another remake of "Annie"? How many remakes have they done of that movie? Two? Three?

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/upcoming-movie-remakes/
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leggokatz Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 am

Naw, I'm not to into those type horror movies either, I'm more of a ghost or supernatural type gal...

I'm also not much of a Batman fan except the version with Jack Nicholson, that was a great cast and I think that's what really made the movie... I do love Spidey tho! We just watched The Amazing Spiderman the other night and I was surprised how much I liked it, I had heard it wasn't that good...

The Hobbit is my MUST SEE movie! I LOVE TLOTR books and movies!! I've been waiting for this one for 2 years now!!

My Hubby is a Debbie Downer when it comes to going to the movies period. He says he would rather sit on the sofa in his underwear drinking beer and stuffing his face with whatever he wants (that's not usually what he does lol, he usually wears pants Razz ) then go to a crowded theater with screaming children and sticky floors... I agree most of the time but every now and then it's nice to join the crowd and enjoy some 3D ya know?

Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:09 am

I am still in two minds about seeing the hobbit at a movie theater because it means I will have to take my mum with me pale
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Bru- I totally agree. Almost every trailer I seem to see is a remake. It's ridiculous.
Some things should never be touched. I flipped when I saw there was a remake 2 or 3 years ago for A Nightmare on Elm Street. To me, that's a majorly classic horror film that should have never been redone. And I read that at one point, they wanted to remake Casablanca Angry

That is an amazing classic that should never EVER be redone. Ever! Bogie and Bergman really cannot be replaced, nor can the time period. Thankfully, they backed out of doing a remake- for the time being.

But with newer ones, I don't feel as if anything is.....fresh. I don't know how to explain it...it seems things are re-hashed or totally uninspired. The last movie I saw in a theatre was TDKR. It was really good, by the way. But I adore JGL and have since I saw him in Brick in '05. He was the only reason why I went Laughing

Maybe it's just me that feels like the current state of cinema is kinda sucky. Not all of course, but it seems like a vast majority of movies are. But I do wanna see Les Miserables sometime soon. That's the only movie I currently have any interest in.
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 am

Mh, I don' think I will ever watch another version of Les Mis again. I remember watching the one with Lino Ventura as a teen, it was like four hours long Neutral

Anyways, I saw the musical with a friend, Oleg Vynnyg as Jean Valjean a few years ago. I tried to get a recording of him singing it. Not available.
I decided I am not taking a chance with spoiling that memory by watching another movie or musical version EVER Laughing
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 pm

I've never had any interest in Les Miserables (probably because in HS my chorus teacher seemed obsessed with it and was sang a song from the musical every year), but this remake sort of peaks my interest. Maybe it's because it has Hugh Jackman in it. Razz

I hear what you're saying Kiersten, there are some movies that have the "original" concept (or not a remake), but you still get the feeling you've seen it somewhere else...so, then, does that make it a real original concept? If you can say it mirrors another movie?

I had never heard of them wanting to remake Casablanca, but I know a few people who are not happy about them touching some movies in that list I linked (like, 'My Fair Lady'). Some movies should just be left alone. There is a reason they are loved so much.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 am

Some movies should just be left alone. There is a reason they are loved so much.

Mh, and others were insignificant enough the first time round... I mean, really? Total Recall, Fright Night and The House at the end of the Road? The Mechanic?!
Don't get me wrong, the new versions certainly are... nice. But come on. Is there a new law in movie making that you can just recycle movies after, like, fifteen years and assume that nobody will notice?

Booooring Sleep
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:06 pm

IKR?

What I read yesterday was the "reason" they remake the classics is because they feel the younger generation wouldn't want to watch the original actors, and want to cast the new actors in those roles because the younger generations can "relate" to the actors playing them.

Rolling Eyes

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Why make over the ones that did well with audiences. Why not remake the ones that didn't do so well and see if you can bring the ratings up on those ones with a new cast, but no, they won't touch those ones.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 am

Why not remake the ones that didn't do so well and see if you can bring the ratings up on those ones with a new cast, but no, they won't touch those ones.

Hehe, I bet they don´t use those because it´s impossible to raise funds. I can easily imagining a producer saying things like "Aw no, I watched the old version, it was horrible" Laughing

But there are so many books that sell well out there every year. I don´t understand why they don´t hunt those down to be converted into movie scripts

Although...
I heard the movie rights for "Beat the reaper" have been bought lately Cool
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:29 pm

annasommer wrote:

But there are so many books that sell well out there every year. I don´t understand why they don´t hunt those down to be converted into movie scripts

I thought the same thing after I posted my last post.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leggokatz Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 pm

I've never been much interested in Les Miserables either (heck, I can't even say it right!) but I have to say this one is intriguing... Not go to the theater and see it intriguing but wait for the dvd intriguing lol...

One I would LOVE to see at the theater is the up- coming Oz the Great and Powerful! I am a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan!! I never want to see it remade but this new one looks sooo good!
Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 am

Speaking of movie theaters, I will actually watch The Hobbit with mum tomorrow now. Lord have mercy Laughing
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 pm

brunettesimgirl wrote:I've never had any interest in Les Miserables (probably because in HS my chorus teacher seemed obsessed with it and was sang a song from the musical every year), but this remake sort of peaks my interest. Maybe it's because it has Hugh Jackman in it. Razz

I hear what you're saying Kiersten, there are some movies that have the "original" concept (or not a remake), but you still get the feeling you've seen it somewhere else...so, then, does that make it a real original concept? If you can say it mirrors another movie?

I had never heard of them wanting to remake Casablanca, but I know a few people who are not happy about them touching some movies in that list I linked (like, 'My Fair Lady'). Some movies should just be left alone. There is a reason they are loved so much.

Ha, luckily, I never had that problem. This version of Les Mis seems fresh to me and I hear Anne Hathaway has done amazingly well in it. She's mostly what's piquing my interest in the movie.

I agree. Some movies just seem too close and mirror each other. Variety is the spice of life and I hate how some movies seem to run together.

Lordy, it's been a while since they wanted a remake of Casablanca. The funny thing is they also had a sequel in mind with Bogart reprising his role....about 30 years after he passed away Laughing
That was in the early-mid eighties. Bergman was close to dying around that time, too. I wonder how they wanted that done Razz
But I think the public outcry, plus with condemnation from Bogies son, Stephen, prevented the remake from getting the wheels spinning.

And I agree. Classics are that- classics. There is no need to remake them. They are beloved for a reason. And I hate that argument of "Younger gen needs younger actors". That's bogus. I love a lot of classic movies and I wasn't even close to being alive yet! People can, and always will, be able to relate to classics since the performances stand the test of time.

KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum