Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday plans?

5 posters

Go down

Holiday plans? Empty Holiday plans?

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Welcome to November! Very Happy

Just wondering what you are all planning to do for the Thanksgiving Holiday, if you celebrate that day, that is. My birthday falls on "Black Friday" this year, and I'm hoping I will be as far away from any shopping as I can be (ie. staying home!). We're staying home this year, which means I get to cook my second Thanksgiving meal! We did our first Thanksgiving ourselves last year and it turned out pretty good! And now with a much bigger kitchen than what we had last year, I think it will be even better. I am also hoping I will be spending the following weekend watching movies/holiday shows/movies and getting familiar with the new Seasons EP. Very Happy

So what are your plans, if any? Very Happy
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Holiday plans? Empty Re: Holiday plans?

Post by annasommer Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 am

Hm we don't celebrate Thanksgiving like you guys do, but the title of your thread reminded me that it's about time to think about next years vacation plans.
'Cause, you see, I always mix up "holiday" and "vacation" Holiday plans? 3925848005
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:41 pm

lol. What are you planning for your vacation plans? Any ideas yet? Smile
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Most likely, the hubby and I will be going over to my parents house for dinner. I usually make something to bring over to my parents house, like some type of appetizer or sometimes I might do a simple dessert like banana pudding or something.... Im still undecided as to what Im going to make this year though. As far as cooking a whole thanksgiving meal, Ive never done that before. We always just go to my parents. Ill probably be doing about the same as you. Watching tv, enjoying time with family, and of course playing Seasons!!! I cant wait until it comes out!
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 am

So you will have two major family events with Thanksgiving and Christmas before the year is done? Wow Shocked
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Yeah. Razz
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

For Thanksgiving, I'm not sure. I had a meeting at my job and they said we'll be open this year on Thanksgiving, and no one is allowed to request that day off. The schedules are made only a week in advance, so I have no clue what I'll be doing yet. If I have the day off or if I work a morning shift, I'll probably go over to my aunts house like we do every year.

Speaking of Seasons, my birthday is on the 17th and I preordered the game for myself Wink
I hope you can stay home and chill on Black Friday. Those days always seem super-hardcore. I can't handle them Laughing
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:12 am

I think I will get seasons for Christmas... hopefully I will be done with my story by that time and therefore will have updated my game, too.... I am at 1.34 still Rolling Eyes

Well fingers crossed that you will be able to get the morning shift! But what is Black Friday?
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 am

I had to work on Thanksgiving every year since I was 18 years until I was about 30 years old *same with Christmas*. It sucks.

Black Friday is where a lot, if not all, stores open in the late hours of Thanksgiving (usually about 10pm-midnight), stay open all morning long (or for a few hours, close down then re-open at their normal store hours in the later morning), then their normal hours on the Friday after Thanksgiving (the day after since Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of the month of November) and sell stuff at ridiculous prices (low prices/bargain prices). It's better known in the US as the official start date of the Christmas shopping season. It's sort of a self appointed "holiday" in itself to some. It's the busiest shopping day of the year for the US.

Me...my birthday falls on Black Friday this year, and I plan on not leaving the house (for that reason and hopefully playing Seasons!!) Wait...I never do Black Friday shopping...it's crazy, and in some cases can be hazardous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zBWjlkKDpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_QQPjjj1k

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 am

Hm. Do I get this right, instead of having a family day on thanksgiving, people start there christmas shopping in the late evening?!

Gee.

I think I just learned to appreciate our local restrictions to opening hours Sweat

Seriously, I can relate. I am among the lucky ones as I work in an office and have a monday- friday, nine to five kind of job ( although it's more like seven to four, but that's beside the point here ) - but my sister in law works at a bakery. So she basically has late, middle, early and sometimes even double or triple shifts on every freakin' day of the week including the weekend AND holidays Evil or Very Mad
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Sort of. They still spend Thanksgiving with their families, have dinner etc. (stores are closed--except for essential "stores" like gas stations/convenience stores and for a few hours some grocery stores-depending on the store, the location etc.), but later that evening (usually when everyone is ready to hit the sack) is when the retail stores open (some open as early as 10pm, but most won't open their doors until midnight) and that's when Black Friday starts.

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzlebee Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:51 am

I'm going to stay at home, I still live with the parents, and maybe my bf will come over if not I won't be upset. I think he's coming over for Christmas because his mom is having dinner at his great aunt's and he's not invited it's for "adults only" he's 24...
Wizzlebee
Wizzlebee
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Shocked What? He's not invited to a family gathering at Christmas?! A family gathering that is for "adults only" when he IS an adult? Way to isolate and separate the family during the family holiday, auntie!

At least you'll be able to see him for Christmas though. Their loss, your gain. Very Happy
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzlebee Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Yeah I have him all to me! I feel bad though, His Auntie is really sick, close to dying and he's not invited to her Christmas dinner. She's not going to be around for that much longer I think his Grandparents and mom should let him go :/
Wizzlebee
Wizzlebee
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 am

What? He's not invited to a family gathering at Christmas?! A family gathering that is for "adults only" when he IS an adult? Way to isolate and separate the family during the family holiday, auntie!

Old people can get that funny at times. Take my mother in law for example - she celebrated her 70th birthday with her siblings and siblings' spouses only... in a village near Hamburg. Meaning that neither hubby nor her daughter were allowed to come to the party and could not visit her on her birthday, either, because Hamburg is about two hours drive away. How weird is that?!?

Grandparents and mom should let him go
Aw Neutral Maybe he could, I dunno, drive them down to where the aunt lives just to visit, and just not stay for the dinner itself?
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down