Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't you just love it when...

2 posters

Go down

Don't you just love it when... Empty Don't you just love it when...

Post by addictedtosims90 Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 am

some idiot with the wrong number keeps calling you thinking you're someone else?

At the beginning of this week, I got a call at around 10 or 11 AM.... I was still asleep and when I saw that it was a number I didn't recognize, I hit the ignore button and went back to sleep, assuming it was probably just someone with the wrong number. Well, about an hour later this person calls back. This time I decide to answer it just to see what they want so I can go back to sleep. The conversation went something like this....

Me: Hello???
Man: Hey!
Me: um.. hey?
Man: how are you?!
Me: Fine...
Man: Fine!? You dont sound fine! Sound like youre still in bed!
Me: Umm... I kind of am...
Man: Oh.. You had a rough night last night?!
Me: No not really...
Man: Well, we had to take John to the emergency room last night
Me: .....ok.... and who is this?
Man: Huh?
Me: Who is this??
Man: *silence*..... well.... I just figured I'd call you and let you know!... alright, bye! *hangs up*

Neutral I don't know if he didn't hear me or what... but he didnt answer me, he just said bye and hung up. Ever since then, this guy has called me once or twice a day over the past few days... Usually Im at work so I just ignore it and let it ring... I figured that eventually the thought might cross his mind that he had the wrong number since he wasnt getting an answer... but nope he just kept right on calling! Tonight he called while I was in the shower... I got out and noticed I had a missed called and what do you know, it was from him! So I finally decided to just send a text message telling him that he had the wrong number. He replied back with "Sorry about that!" so hopefully thats put an end to it.

My mom has recently had a similar problem except the woman calling her phone just doesnt seem to want to give up! This woman calls my mom daily asking for some person (I don't remember the name of the person she asks for) but my mom constantly tells her that she doesnt know anyone by that name and that she has the wrong number.... everytime she tells her this, the woman is like "oh ok! Im sorry, honey! I won't bother you anymore!" but then she will call right back the next day. Rolling Eyes I guess she thinks if she calls enough, that eventually she will reach the person shes trying to get in touch with. My mom said she sounds really old though... so that could be part of the problem.. she is probably senile.

Wrong number calls are annoying but I find them to be pretty funny sometimes too... I just love the awkwardness of when someone calls you and starts having a conversation with you as if they know you, and meanwhile you're sitting there on the other end of the phone like Shocked who the hell is this person?? Laughing
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Don't you just love it when... Empty Re: Don't you just love it when...

Post by annasommer Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:36 am

My in- laws had a phone number that was very similar to the number of a bar. So they were kind of used to calls in the middle of the night - we never had a curfew for bars in Berlin.

Only there happened to be this woman who started to calle EVERY NIGHT demanding to speak to her husband... they both kept telling her she had the wrong number, but she got furious and claimed that they were covering up for him Neutral
In the end my father in law got fed up to be woken at two am and next time he told her something like "Oh Harry? No Harry canĀ“t come the phone right now, he is busy snogging Rita"

... she never called again Don't you just love it when... 3925848005
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Lol! That's hilarious, I told my mom that the next time that lady calls she should say something like "who were you trying to reach? Sue? Oh this used to be sue's phone but not anymore. Id let you talk to her but unfortunately she's a little um.. tied up right now.. in my trunk. Would you like to join her?" Bet that lady would never call her again.
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down