Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims

5 posters

Go down

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Empty I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims

Post by Paige Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Okay so when I make Sims their hair colors are usually either brown, black, or a red-ish color. I almost never try to make blonde haired Sims because the color to me looks usually white or yellow. Is there any tips you can help me with? I also don't like the blonde premade colors that CAS gives you mainly because I just don't. XD
Paige
Paige
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Empty Re: I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims

Post by DancingK8 Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Do you use CC? The newsea blonde hairs are my favorite, they look super-natural. I usually use the dirty blonde shade instead of the platinum one.
DancingK8
DancingK8
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Empty Re: I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:23 pm

I usually use the tan (dirty blonde) shade on the wheel for the base color, and almost white (very very pale yellow) for the highlights (such as in these sims hair color).

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Screenshot-815

I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Screenshot-772

Sometimes, I'll use the very very pale yellow for the base and white for the highlights.

I don't make many blonde haired sims because I'm picky with how the blonde looks...

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:41 am

well I did an updated version of my Abby Lee sim and for a more blond shade I used the top yellow that is right next to the white in the circles (not the wheel).

Oringal:
I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Screen79

update:
Face:
I need some help with making blonde-haired Sims Screen94
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:01 am

One thing I absolutely adore are these hair colors by Anubis. They give hairs real definition and depth, rather than just being flat.

http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2010/09/le-pallette-hair-colors.html

I normally use them as a base, then work on changing the highlights, tips and roots (I just like the base colors too much, to change them). The blonde colors that he provided are definitely some of the better ones, with the red ones in a close second. It's worth a download if you like hairs with EA highlights.

Another good resource that he has, is a guide to using hair channels properly:

http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2010/08/hair-channels-how-to-use-mini-guide.html

That guide has helped me so much, since he released it.
Kels
Kels
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paige Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks guys Smile I have CC but it's mostly furniture and some hairs that I got from the Exchange before it turned to an unreliable place to get CC. I might get into getting CC from other places but since my Sims game is on a family computer I have a feeling if I try to download and follow all the instructions I will mess something up and then get my computer screwed up. I've been wanting to get more CC but I just never got to trying it. Thanks Kels for the link to the hair tutorial-type thing, it is really helpful. Smile
Paige
Paige
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Kels wrote:One thing I absolutely adore are these hair colors by Anubis. They give hairs real definition and depth, rather than just being flat.

http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2010/09/le-pallette-hair-colors.html

I normally use them as a base, then work on changing the highlights, tips and roots (I just like the base colors too much, to change them). The blonde colors that he provided are definitely some of the better ones, with the red ones in a close second. It's worth a download if you like hairs with EA highlights.

Another good resource that he has, is a guide to using hair channels properly:

http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2010/08/hair-channels-how-to-use-mini-guide.html

That guide has helped me so much, since he released it.

thanks for those! Very Happy I downloaded all the hair colors and read the tutorial. Very Happy
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down