Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates

+7
Caturae
annasommer
BimleSim
bubblemaddie
fillupx333
Chatter
brunettesimgirl
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Empty NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:43 am

Past hour and a half I've been working on this house:

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Image

And it was coming along great! Then I sneezed, while my hand was on the mouse still, while placing a window (IKR?!?!?!?!) and must have done something because the game froze up and became unresponsive. CTRL/ALT/Delete and sure enough, according to the task manager...the game wasn't responding. Just after I checked that I got a pop up stating that the game stopped working and was closing. Did I save in that hour and a half???

Shocked

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Noooooo

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Facepalm

Last edited by brunettesimgirl on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Empty Re: NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates

Post by Chatter Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:08 am

Arrgg, I hate when that happens! Are you rebulding it?
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Empty Re: NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 am

Not now, but I'm going to. Maybe this time around I can get the placefrieze on cheat to work properly for me. I wanted the upstairs to have a loft using that cheat, and it kept telling me that it couldn't be layed because the lot wasn't flat (or whatever), I got it to work eventually, but then I couldn't place stairs to get up into the loft! Rolling Eyes Also, there is a nice pool in the back, but I didn't give my house enough space, so my pool came out kind of crappy! Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fillupx333 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:47 am

I hate when that happens. Whenever my game freezes up, I immediately start praying to the computer gods that I will be saved.

Sorry for your loss. Sad

*moment of silence*
fillupx333
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblemaddie Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 am

AWW that sucks Sad i hate when that happens. well try to look on the bight side, when you remake the house it will be even better Smile
bubblemaddie
bubblemaddie
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party September 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen Forum Queen September 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 am

When I have to sneeze it usually take some secs before I can, and then I in clear reaction to annoyed nose take my hands up to my face, and I've always thought it was annoying.... but now I'm glad < <

I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was looking great ;A; ...
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

http://hellkitten2204.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 am

Are you saying I didn't cover my nose/mouth when I sneezed? I do have two hands. Wink Don't need both to cover a sneeze...
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:38 am

Nah that is not what I'm saying, I'm just saying I cover my whole face with both of my huge hands for I don't know how long time before I even sneeze XD
Its really strange actually...
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:32 am

Funny enough, since the swine flue next to everybody is sneezing into... eh... don't know what it's called in english, the pit opposite your ellbow? They call it hygienic sneezing...
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Caturae Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:40 am

Aaw Sad It's looks such a pretty house as well :'(

I'm the opposite to you - I save too often. And each time with a new save (in fear of one of them getting glitched) Then a week later I wonder why my games loading slow and it's because I've got around 30 saves. D:

(also I am really bad but I stop my sneezes... I get a feeling a few mins before so I pinch the bridge of my nose and the sneeze goes away. Works most of the time(I am allergic to dust and have hayfever so can sneeze a lot)).
Caturae
Caturae
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown July 2011 Eye Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 am

A propos NO. I finished testing a new house yesterday and could not even transfer it into the launcher, has anybody had that problem before?
I mean, not beeing able to upload to the exchange, ok, but not even getting something into the frigging LAUNCHER? Mad
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 am

Okay... Question Sad I never said I didn't cover my mouth/nose...I didn't think it would be an issue to not mention it. With my blood type, I'm all about being super hygienic.

I've never heard of sneezing into the bend of your elbow, I've heard of coughing into the bend of your elbow...but not sneezing.

I haven't had any problems with the launcher, except for not being able to upload certain things to the exchange. But I hadn't tried to put anything in the launcher since last Tuesday.

I usually save on a regular basis when I create a sim/house, and I save every time my sims go to sleep at night. I don't know why I didn't think time. It annoyed me more than anything that I failed to save even once. I think I was just so into it, that I forgot to do it.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fillupx333 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am

I love that this thread went from expressing our condolences over brunettesimgirl's lost house, to accusing her of not covering her mouth when she sneezes.

... but since we're on the subject anyway, I always try to cough or sneeze into the crook of my elbow. But if it's one of those dangerous, unexpected coughs/sneezes, I'll use my hand.

And then I rub hand sanitizer all over myself, just to be safe.
fillupx333
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

People seems to misunderstand me I think I: ... I've never said no one here dpesn't cover their mouth, I said that I cover my mouth in a weird way so I can't mess anything up near me, like a house. D:
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by fillupx333 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 am

BimleSim wrote:People seems to misunderstand me I think I: ... I've never said no one here dpesn't cover their mouth, I said that I cover my mouth in a weird way so I can't mess anything up near me, like a house. D:

I think it was all a misunderstanding too... but a very entertaining one, at least for me. Cool

omg I just sneezed for real. Whoa.
fillupx333
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 am

fillupx333 wrote:
BimleSim wrote:People seems to misunderstand me I think I: ... I've never said no one here dpesn't cover their mouth, I said that I cover my mouth in a weird way so I can't mess anything up near me, like a house. D:

I think it was all a misunderstanding too... but a very entertaining one, at least for me. Cool

omg I just sneezed for real. Whoa.
I don't think it is that funny D:

I remember a while ago, my friend wrote "achooo" to me and the moment I read it I sneezed XD ~
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by fillupx333 Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:59 am

BimleSim wrote:

I remember a while ago, my friend wrote "achooo" to me and the moment I read it I sneezed XD ~

It's kind of like when you write about yawing. Mention that and it gets people going. In fact, I'm yawning right now.

And Bim, I hate to be one of those people that ask stuff like this in random threads, but... where did you get that hair?! I love it!
fillupx333
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Well I think she sneezed and didn't cover her mouth and snotted up her keyboard and her computer shorted out! LOL!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 pm

BRAD!!!!
*blergh* Spew
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:14 pm

fillupx333 wrote:
BimleSim wrote:

It's kind of like when you write about yawing. Mention that and it gets people going. In fact, I'm yawning right now.

And Bim, I hate to be one of those people that ask stuff like this in random threads, but... where did you get that hair?! I love it!
On my avi?
Thats newsea hair, I unfortunately got it form TSR, but I haven't had in problems with it (and it is one of the free ones, I'm pretty sure)
And my avi is my simself, so if you meant my avi, thanks Incredulous Squee
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. Sad When I originally read it last night it was late and the way I read it was in a sarcastic-assumption way. Which was bad of me to do. Sad

I do apologize sincerely, and hope you will accept my apology. NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates 51
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:31 pm

I get it all the time, brunette. It's more annoying in CAW when you've spent hours on terrain! I learned my lesson though. Save every 20 mins Laughing
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 pm

^I need to download that mod (I think it's Twallans) that automatically saves your game every 30 minutes. I'm terrible at reminding myself to save manually. Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:29 am

brunettesimgirl wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry. Sad When I originally read it last night it was late and the way I read it was in a sarcastic-assumption way. Which was bad of me to do. Sad

I do apologize sincerely, and hope you will accept my apology. NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates 51
I will, I'm just glad that misunderstanding-situation is over Cool
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Finally had some time to get it started.

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Screenshot-744

NOOOOO!!!! Rename: Country Mountain Cottage--WIP Updates Screenshot-745

If you can see where the mulch is painted on the ground, that is where I intend on putting plants/garden(s). Inside is just a shell so far...

Without realizing it...this house is the house simmers picked on my poll as the next house they'd like to see me do. I had totally forgot about the poll and went to change my blog around a bit and noticed the the poll...the only difference was the house from the poll was the garage was connected to the main part of the house. This one has a breeze-way.

Also, I think I'm going to change the way the front porch looks slightly with some rounded arch's instead...
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next